Itron, Inc. (NASDAQ:ITRI) announced today the appointment of Lynda Ziegler to its board of directors effective Feb. 21, 2013. Ziegler has more than 30 years of experience in the energy industry and most recently served as executive vice president of power delivery services at Southern California Edison (SCE).
Ziegler was responsible for the successful automation of nearly 5 million meters and associated supporting systems as a part of SCE’s Edison SmartConnect ® program. She also successfully led SCE’s customer satisfaction efforts, achieving a first-quartile ranking in residential customer satisfaction by J.D. Power & Associates.
“Lynda Ziegler’s wealth of industry knowledge and experience will be an asset to the board. We look forward to working with a pioneer in grid modernization who has successfully implemented one of the nation’s largest and most innovative smart grid deployments,” said Jon Eliassen, chairman of Itron’s board of directors.
Ziegler worked at SCE for more than 30 years, before retiring in September 2012. She held various positions, including senior vice president of customer service, vice president of customer programs and services, and her most recent position of executive vice president of power delivery services. Ziegler started her career at Skil Power Tools, where she was the first female power tool salesperson in the industry and handled all aspects of a sales territory.“Lynda Ziegler is an ideal candidate for Itron’s board of directors. Her years of energy industry experience will benefit Itron as we help our customers build smart cities of the future,” said Philip Mezey, Itron’s president and chief executive officer. “It is an honor to join Itron’s board of directors. Itron is a truly innovative company that is helping utilities around the globe better manage energy and water,” said Ziegler. “I look forward to bringing my years of experience to help further this mission.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV