Merck (NYSE: MRK), known as MSD outside the United States and Canada, today announced that researchers will present new data analyses of the safety and efficacy of the company’s investigational allergy immunotherapy tablets (AITs) for ragweed pollen ( Ambrosia artemisiifolia) and grass pollen ( Phleum pratense) at the 2013 American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (AAAAI) Annual Meeting. The meeting will be held in San Antonio from February 22-26.
Merck's AIT products are investigational, dissolvable oral tablets designed to help treat the underlying cause of allergic rhinitis by generating an immune response to help protect against targeted allergens. Merck has partnered with ALK-Abello to develop AITs in North America. Earlier this year, Merck submitted a Biologics License Application (BLA) for its grass pollen AIT to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and Merck plans to submit a BLA for its ragweed pollen AIT to the FDA later in 2013.
“We are pleased to present new results for Merck’s investigational AIT products to the scientific community that we believe will be valuable in thinking about immunotherapy and the treatment of allergic rhinitis,” said Jeffrey A. Chodakewitz, M.D., senior vice president, Global Scientific Strategy, franchise head, Infectious Diseases and interim franchise head, Respiratory & Immunology, Merck Research Laboratories. “Merck is committed to research in the area of allergic rhinitis.”
Select Merck Presentations at AAAAISunday, Feb. 24, 2013 9:45 a.m.-10:45 a.m., Poster Session 3209, Exhibit Hall C
- 403: Characterizing the 12 Amb a 1-U Ragweed Allergy Immunotherapy Tablet Adverse Event Profile in Adults with Ragweed-Induced Allergic Rhinoconjunctivitis
- 405: Safety of Ragweed Allergy Immunotherapy Tablet: Results From Four Placebo-Controlled Trials
- 809: Ragweed Allergy Immunotherapy Tablet Reduces Use of Ocular Antihistamines in Patients With Ragweed Pollen–Induced Allergic Rhinoconjunctivitis
- 810: Effect of Allergy Immunotherapy Tablet in Patients with or without Local Application-Site Reactions
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts