Although the effect of this change does not materially impact any prior quarter or years’ results, we have revised prior period financial information to reflect these changes. This change reduced 2012’s total revenues by 0.6%, or $2.3 million, and adjusted EBITDA by 0.8%, or $1.1 million, as reflected in our results. Our consolidated statement of stockholders’ equity was revised to reflect the cumulative effect of this change from prior years resulting in a decrease to retained earnings and total stockholders’ equity of $5.1 million, which is reflected in the beginning balance as of January 1, 2011. Tables summarizing these changes are attached on pages 9 and 10.
Non-GAAP reconciliation tables are on page 8 of this news release, and show the nearest comparable GAAP results to the adjusted results.
We are pleased to report the final quarter of 2012 was our eighth consecutive reporting period of comparable quarter leasing revenue growth and reflects improvement in both yield and utilization. Leasing revenues were at our highest level since the first quarter of 2009 at $91.6 million for the quarter. Year-over-year yield was 2.1% ahead of 2011 and average yield was at an all-time fourth quarter high of $594 per unit. When our holiday rentals are excluded from both years, yield on our core rental units actually increased 4.2% compared to the fourth quarter of 2011. This was a result of a greater weighting of holiday rentals in the third quarter of 2012 as customers took delivery of units earlier than they had in 2011, impacting the year-over-year yield comparison. Utilization continued to improve, averaging 65.1% in the final quarter of 2012, up from 61.0% in the same period last year and 60.6% in the 2012 third quarter. We closed the fourth quarter with utilization at 62.3%, compared to 63.5% at the end of September, reflecting the seasonal buildup that typically occurs in the third quarter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV