At launch, the Visa Ready Partner Program encompasses Visa’s existing program for the approval of mobile NFC-enabled devices, as well as a new program to enable mobile point-of-sale acceptance solutions that meet local requirements. In addition, Visa has developed the Visa Ready symbol to identify payment devices and solutions approved for use with Visa payments.Visa Ready for Mobile Acceptance (mPOS) Solutions
- Defining mPOS requirements and best practices to support the open development of commercially viable solutions and services, while upholding Visa’s principles of security, brand integrity and interoperability.
- Providing applications, tools and services to enable the development of mobile acceptance solutions compatible with magnetic-stripe, EMV-chip, and contactless-card payments.
- Making available open API (Application Program Interface) and SDK (Software Development Kit) to allow mPOS solutions providers in select markets to connect to Visa via a number of payment gateways, including CyberSource and Authorize.Net, acquired by Visa Inc. in 2010.
- Providing access to documentation and resources to guide partners and vendors through the Visa approval process.
- Providing access to the Visa Ready symbol, collateral and brand-usage guidelines that can be used to market and promote Visa-approved mPOS solutions.
- Establishing clear guidelines for extensive technical, security and usability testing with respect to the Visa payment functionality.
- Ensuring Visa transactions initiated with NFC mobile devices are compliant with the global standard for chip-enabled payments.
- Establishing a required signal range for mobile NFC-enabled devices hosting the Visa payWave application.
- Providing NFC device manufacturers with a Visa Ready symbol that can be used to market and promote mobile devices as approved for use with Visa payWave.