- Deferred repayment: Borrowers don't have to make payments during school if they don't want to.
- Fixed repayment: The program allows borrowers to pay back as little as $25 per month while in school, which Sallie Mae says can curb 10% of your total student loan bill. Normally, college loans are paid off after the student graduates.
- Interest repayment: If you really want to get ahead of your student loan debt, the smart loan allows you to pay the interest on your college loan while you're still in school. That can save 20% off total student loan debt, Sallie Mae says.
- Cash back on timely loan payments: The Sallie Mae smart loan takes a page out of the credit card playbook and gives you 2% cash back on monthly payments made on time while you are in school.
- Lower interest for automatic payments: If you set up automatic payments with Sallie Mae, the lender will slice 0.25% off your loan interest rate.
Students Like Paying Back Sallie Mae's 'Smart Option' Package
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.