5 Warm-Weather Cities With Blistering Hot Real Estate
Third-warmest U.S. market: Orlando, Fla.
Mean winter temperature: 62.1 degrees
Disney (DIS) World's hometown has seen prices rise 12.8% over the past 12 months to hit $174,900, according to Realtor.com.
The number of available properties listed on the site also dropped 21.9% over the past year, while the typical listing's age fell 12.3%,to 71 days compared with 108 days for the U.S. market as a whole.Again, all three measures show that Orlando's housing sector is rebounding. "Orlando is a resort area that continues to attract people not only from around the country, but from around the world," Barbar says.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV