7. The Amazing Spider-Man
2012 U.S. box office take: $262 million
Oscar No. 7. Zero Dark Thirty
Studio: Annapurna Pictures/Columbia Pictures
2012 U.S. box office take: $88.5 million
We understand that superheroes make money and that a PG-13 comic book popcorn flick is going to draw more dollars than a hyperrealistic R-rated two-and-a-half-hour portrayal of a real-life military operation and killing, but ... really, America?Spider-Man already got the blockbuster trilogy treatment once in the 21st century. Remember Tobey Maguire kissing Kirsten Dunst upside down? Remember Thomas Hayden Church turning into a CGI shape-shifting pile of sand while Topher Grace tried his best to be the ripped, alien-suited bad guy Venom? Don't you people remember any of this? Do you even remember yesterday? No. Yesterday's too far down the Twitter feed, so naturally you were just fine with letting Sony put Andrew Garfield in a suit, give you Emma Stone to look at and distribute downer Kathryn Bigelow films about current events they won't even deign to read about. Fine, but when Zero Dark Thirty gets shown in history classes while Justin Bieber's son stars in the next Spider-Man series, don't waste too much air complaining about it.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV