Virginia Company Voluntarily Recalls Pork Sausage Because Of Possible Foreign Material
SMITHFIELD, Va., Feb. 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Gwaltney Foods of Smithfield, VA is voluntarily recalling 38,052 pounds of Gwaltney Mild Sausage because some of the product packages may contain small pieces of glove particles. Product affected by this recall were distributed in retail outlets in North Carolina, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Texas, Alabama, Maryland, Washington D.C., Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, and Maine.
Products, producing establishment number, and use-by-date of affected products are listed below:
- Product code 78533109741, UPC code 785331755538 Gwaltney Mild Sausage 16 ounce (1 pound) package, EST. 221A, Use By March 12, 2013, lot number 3011
"We received two notifications from customers regarding the presence of glove-like particles in the sausage product. While there have been no reports of injury associated with this material, as a precautionary measure Gwaltney immediately reported it to the USDA and has issued a voluntary recall," said Dennis Pittman, director of corporate communications.
Gwaltney urges consumers who have purchased these products not to use them but to return them to the place of purchase for a full refund. Consumers with questions about the recall can visit www.gwaltneyfoods.com/news or call Gwaltney at 877-933-4625.The company has received no reports of adverse reactions due to consumption of these products. Anyone concerned about a reaction should contact a healthcare provider. Consumers with food safety questions may phone the toll-free USDA Meat and Poultry Hotline at 1-888-674-6854. The hotline is available in English and Spanish and can be reached from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Eastern time) Monday through Friday. Recorded food safety messages are available 24 hours a day. SOURCE Gwaltney Foods
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV