HOUSTON, Feb. 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation (NYSE: COG) today announced highlights from its areas of focus including the Marcellus, Eagle Ford, Marmaton and Pearsall. "As indicated in today's other releases, our operational efforts during 2012 resulted in several record breaking performances, including new highs for both oil and gas production, total proved reserves, and cash flows," said Dan O. Dinges, Chairman, President & Chief Executive Officer. "While we derive value from each of our plays, the Marcellus continues to be the primary contributor to our recent success."
Based on recently released data from the state of Pennsylvania, the Company had 15 of the top 20 producing Marcellus wells in the state during 2012. Cabot's cumulative production in the field has reached 500 Bcf in just over four years of activity. Today's gross production, depending on operational variations, remains at one Bcf per day and has reached a record of 1.038 Bcf in one 24-hour period.
Recent well successes in the Marcellus include:
- A single well with cumulative production of 5 Bcf in 205 days.
- A four-well pad with a combined 24-hour peak rate of 92 Mmcf per day.
- A 13-stage well with an initial production rate of 28.5 Mmcf per day and a 30-day average production rate of 20.2 Mmcf per day.
- A 35-stage well with a 24-hour peak rate of 41.4 Mmcf per day and a 30-day average production rate of 35.9 Mmcf per day.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts