WINSTON-SALEM, N.C., Feb. 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Krispy Kreme Doughnut Corporation announced today that it will temporarily close its retail location at 9301 East Independence Blvd., Matthews, NC at the end of business on Sunday, February 24, in preparation for the construction of a new shop at the same location. Krispy Kreme has been building new smaller, more convenient retail shops and remodeling some existing locations in the Charlotte, NC metro area as part of its long-term growth plans for the region.
Replacing the existing Matthews location with a brand new shop that is better positioned on the lot may take as long as four months to complete. The new company-owned shop will include a drive-thru, and offer Krispy Kreme's complete menu of signature coffees and espresso drinks, iced beverages, and the one-of-a-kind signature hot Original Glazed ® doughnut.
"While we are very excited about the community support and growth we are experiencing in the Charlotte market, we apologize for any inconvenience this shop closing might cause our customers," said Brian K. Little, Corporate Communications Director. "We encourage those who patronize our Matthews location to visit one of our other shops in the area until we've completed construction of a brand new shop for Matthews. It's also important to note that our team members from the Matthews location have been temporarily assigned to other shops in the area."
Including the Matthews location, Krispy Kreme currently has six retail shops in the Charlotte metro region, as well as a small Krispy Kreme shop located inside Bank of America Stadium.Charlotte area locations:
- 119 N. Sharon Amity Road in Charlotte, NC
- 9301 East Independence Blvd., Matthews, NC
- 2990 East Franklin Square, Gastonia, NC
- 1428 West Innes Street, Salisbury, NC
- 1525 Celanese Blvd., Rock Hill, SC
- 10092 Charlotte Hwy 521, Indian Land, SC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV