PORTLAND, Ore., Feb. 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Kroger Co. (NYSE: KR) associates working at Fred Meyer and QFC stores in Portland and throughout Oregon and Southwest Washington have ratified new labor agreements with UFCW Local 555.
"We are pleased to reach agreements that are good for our associates and enable us to be competitive in very competitive market areas," said Lynn Gust, Fred Meyer's president. "These agreements provide our associates with additional compensation, affordable health care and pension for retirement."
"Our associates will continue to have one of the best total compensation packages in our industry, in our region," said Joe Fey, QFC's president. "I want to thank our associates for their patience, for supporting this agreement, and for the excellent service they provide every day to our customers."
The 44 labor agreements cover 6,007 associates working at Fred Meyer and 368 associates at QFC.About Kroger Kroger, one of the world's largest retailers, employs more than 339,000 associates who serve customers in 2,425 supermarkets and multi-department stores in 31 states under two dozen local banner names including Kroger, City Market, Dillons, Jay C, Food 4 Less, Fred Meyer, Fry's, King Soopers, QFC, Ralphs and Smith's. The company also operates 788 convenience stores, 342 fine jewelry stores, 1,124 supermarket fuel centers and 37 food processing plants in the U.S. Recognized by Forbes as the most generous company in America, Kroger supports hunger relief, breast cancer awareness, the military and their families, and more than 30,000 schools and grassroots organizations in the communities it serves. Kroger contributes food and funds equal to 160 million meals a year through more than 80 Feeding America food bank partners. For more information please visit Kroger.com SOURCE The Kroger Co.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV