DALLAS, Feb. 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Kimberly-Clark Corporation (NYSE: KMB) today said its board of directors has approved a dividend increase of 9.5 percent. This will bring the quarterly dividend to 81 cents per share, up from 74 cents per share in 2012.
The board of directors declared the dividend payable on April 2, 2013, to stockholders of record on March 8, 2013. This is the 41st consecutive year Kimberly-Clark has raised its dividend and the 79th straight year the company has paid dividends.
"This dividend increase reflects not only the strength of our business but also our commitment to allocate capital in shareholder-friendly ways," said Thomas J. Falk, chairman and chief executive officer. "We continue to provide a top-tier dividend payout among our peer consumer packaged goods companies, and this remains an important component of our plan to deliver strong returns to shareholders."About Kimberly-Clark Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, nearly a quarter of the world's population trust K-C's brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, HUGGIES, Pull-Ups, Kotex and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No. 1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. To keep up with the latest K-C news and to learn more about the company's 141-year history of innovation, visit www.kimberly-clark.com. SOURCE Kimberly-Clark Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV