TORONTO, Feb. 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ - Rogers Communications Inc. ("Rogers") announced today that the Toronto Stock Exchange ("TSX") has accepted a notice filed by Rogers of its intention to renew its prior normal course issuer bid ("NCIB") for its Class B Non-Voting shares ("Class B shares") for a further one-year period.
As previously announced on February 14, 2013, the Board of Directors of Rogers has authorized such share repurchases because it believes that, at certain times, the purchase of Class B shares may represent an appropriate and desirable use of Rogers' available funds when, if in the opinion of management, the value of the Class B shares exceeds the trading price of such shares. Such purchases would provide additional liquidity to shareholders and benefit the remaining shareholders by increasing their proportionate equity interest in Rogers.
The TSX notice provides that Rogers may, during the twelve month period commencing February 25, 2013 and ending February 24, 2014, purchase on the TSX the lesser of 35.8 million Class B shares, representing approximately 10% of the public float of the Class B shares, and that number of Class B shares that can be purchased under the NCIB for an aggregate purchase price of $500 million . The actual number of Class B shares purchased, if any, and the timing of such purchases will be determined by Rogers, considering market conditions, stock prices, its cash position, and other factors. As at February 11, 2013 there were approximately 402.8 million Class B shares issued and outstanding and the public float consisted of approximately 358.2 million Class B shares.
There cannot be any assurances as to how many shares, if any, will ultimately be acquired by Rogers under the NCIB, and Rogers intends that any shares acquired pursuant to the NCIB will be cancelled. No Normal Course Issuer Bid is proposed to be made for Rogers' Class A Voting shares.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV