DEARBORN, Mich., Feb. 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- Ford plans to more than double its EcoBoost ®-equipped vehicle sales globally this year
- Production of 2.0-liter EcoBoost for North America at Cleveland Engine Plant in Ohio to begin in late 2014
- Ford more than halfway to its goal to create more than 12,000 hourly jobs in the U.S. by 2015
- Production of 2.0-liter EcoBoost engines for North American vehicles moves from Valencia, Spain to Cleveland; Valencia will remain the exclusive production location for the 2.0-liter EcoBoost engine for Ford of Europe-built vehicles; There is no impact on employment at the Valencia plant
To meet rising consumer demand for the award-winning 2.0-liter EcoBoost ® engine, Ford Motor Company will invest nearly $200 million and add 450 new jobs at its Cleveland Engine Plant.
"This is our One Ford plan at its best – giving customers the power of choice to decide which fuel-efficient engine is best tailored to their needs," said Joe Hinrichs, Ford president of The Americas. "Cleveland Engine Plant was the first to produce EcoBoost engines and will continue to be a cornerstone of Ford's strategy to deliver affordable fuel economy for millions."
The hiring builds on the creation of more than 8,100 salaried and hourly jobs in the U.S. last year, including 1,000 in-sourced hourly positions. Ford is more than halfway to its goal of creating 12,000 hourly jobs in the U.S. by 2015 to support new products and investment. Additionally, the company announced last month it plans to hire 2,200 salaried workers in the U.S. in 2013 to fill jobs in such key areas as Product Development, Manufacturing and IT.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts