NEW YORK, Feb. 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Nickelodeon today announced the launch of the Nick App, a branded experience that allows kids to interact with Nick in unprecedented ways. Available initially for iPad, the Nick App features a moveable tile layout that can be swiped in any direction, promoting discovery and exploration and offering kids instant and on-demand access to more than 1,000 pieces of Nickelodeon-themed content. It includes short-form videos of original skits, sketch and comedic bits; behind-the-scenes clips and photos from Nick stars and animated characters; as well as kid polls and newly created games at launch.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/nickelodeon-launches-the-nick-app---new-immersive-interactive-platform-for-ipad-192180351.html
Full-length episodes of Nickelodeon's current top shows also will be available via subscriber authentication through participating TV providers. The Nick App is free of charge, available from any U.S. location with high-speed internet connection."The Nick App creates a new platform unlike anything else available to kids today," said Steve Youngwood, EVP and General Manager, Digital, Nickelodeon Group. "The Nick App is the one place where kids can watch and play Nickelodeon and experience the complete fun and funny of our brand, wherever and whenever they want." The Nick App will add new content daily, and kids will be able to put selected content into a "favorites" drawer to watch whenever they want. True to the spirit of Nickelodeon, the app offers an array of funny interactive elements, as well as a featured " Do Not Touch" button that triggers an array of disruptive comedy and surprises. Additionally, the Nick App will also serve as a creative sandbox for Nickelodeon, incubating new original animated and live-action content that will attract repeat viewing, launch shareable content and spin-off new series for television. Nickelodeon will also launch a Nick Jr. preschool version of the app later this year. Content highlights of the Nick App include:
- An offering of HTML5 games at launch, with a new game added every week;
- Music and remixes, including an original SpongeBob SquarePants remix, created by electronic music artist Pogo, for launch;
- Weekly videos offering tips and previews of new Nick games;
- Short-form content featuring Nickelodeon's live-action stars performing skits, comedic music videos, parodies and more;
- "On the Road with BTR," a docu-reality series that gives kids an inside look at the daily lives of Big Time Rush;
- Nick Studio 10, a new live, daily afternoon show where four kids challenge each other to make funny content every day, will be featured in the app and air on Nickelodeon beginning this spring.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts