SCOTTSDALE, Ariz., Feb. 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- General Dynamics C4 Systems announced today that two new encryptors in the ProtecD@R product family have been certified by the National Security Agency (NSA) to secure information to the Top Secret level and below. The KG-540A (for aircraft) and KG-540B (for ground-based operations) secure extremely large video files, terrestrial maps and other classified information as it moves through government networks and into computer servers designed to store 'big data.'
"Protecting stored data, or data-at-rest, is a high priority for government operations that work with huge files like video feeds from hundreds of surveillance cameras," said Mike Guzelian, vice president of Secure Voice and Data Products for General Dynamics C4 Systems. "Using advanced encryption technology, both ProtecD@R encryptors can encrypt and store a file the size of a 25 gigabyte Blu-ray disk in under 6 seconds which is a tremendous advancement in the information-security field."
The KG-540A works aboard large surveillance and intelligence aircraft, encrypting classified information collected during a mission for storage on unclassified disks. The KG-540B protects data stored in ground-based 'super-computing' facilities.
General Dynamics' ProtecD@R family of products protects classified information that is saved on hard drives or servers that could be at risk if the device is lost, stolen or hacked. ProtecD@R products are available for laptop and desktop computers as well as network-level devices used by the military and government agencies. More information is available at http://www.gdc4s.com/protecD@R.General Dynamics C4 Systems is a business unit of General Dynamics (NYSE: GD). For more information about General Dynamics C4 Systems, please visit www.gdc4s.com. More information about General Dynamics is available at www.generaldynamics.com. SOURCE General Dynamics C4 Systems
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV