PITTSBURGH, Feb. 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- United States Steel Corporation (NYSE: X) today announced that Burt Caldwell has been named general manager – Sales for its North American flat-rolled sales team based in Chicago, effective March 1. Caldwell will replace Michael Meyers, who is retiring after more than 38 years of service with the company. In his new position, Caldwell will assume responsibility for the sales activities for U. S. Steel's service center, pipe and tube converter, agricultural and industrial equipment customers. He will report to Joseph R. Scherrbaum, vice-president – Sales.
Caldwell, 54, joined U. S. Steel in 1980 as a management trainee at National-Duquesne Works near Pittsburgh, Pa. In 1982, he advanced to an industrial engineering position at the Oilwell Division in Oil City, Pa. From 1983 through 1993, he advanced through a series of increasingly responsible roles in inside and outside sales and flat-rolled marketing positions. In 1993, Caldwell became the Southern Area sales office district sales manager for a geographic region that included Alabama, Tennessee, and parts of Florida and Mississippi. In 1999, he was promoted to head the newly formed construction commercial organization focused on the construction and related industries for flat-rolled products. Caldwell relocated to Chicago in 2004, when he was named as manager - Sales and Service. He served in this capacity until 2012, when he was named director – Sales.
Caldwell earned a bachelor's degree in management engineering from Grove City College in 1980. He is an associate member of the Metals Service Center Institute, a past board member of the Steel Framing Alliance, and a past member of the Metal Building Manufacturer's Association Associate Members Advisory Council.
For more information about U. S. Steel, visit www.ussteel.com.SOURCE United States Steel Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV