STRATFORD, Conn., Feb. 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Sikorsky Aircraft Corp. today announced its co-sponsorship of the Military Appreciation Pavilion at the PGA Tour Honda Classic on Feb. 25-March 3, 2013, at PGA National Resort & Spa, Palm Beach Gardens, Fla. Sikorsky Aircraft is a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE: UTX).
The 2,500-square-foot pavilion will be located at the tour's 17 th hole, and will be open on Feb. 28-March 3 to all active duty military personnel, reservists, veterans and military retirees who will have free access, for themselves and one guest, to the tournament grounds during the Honda Classic.
The pavilion will open from 9 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. on Feb. 28-March 1 and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on March 2-3. Complimentary lunch, snacks and beverages will be served to guests at the pavilion."Sikorsky is proud to pay tribute to our military personnel, past and present, for their service to our country," said Bob Kokorda, Sikorsky Vice President of Sales & Marketing and a decorated U.S. Army combat veteran. "We have a close connection to the military, providing helicopters to all five branches of the U.S. armed forces, and 23 percent of our U.S. workforce are veterans. We look forward to welcoming military service men and women to the Military Appreciation Pavilion, and personally expressing our gratitude." As part of the sponsorship, Sikorsky Aircraft will have on static display the X2 TECHNOLOGY™ demonstrator, which proved its capability in 2010 to double the cruise speed of conventional helicopters. Also on display will be the S-97 RAIDER™ mockup of the new helicopter program funded by Sikorsky and its team members to demonstrate the military application of the break-through X2™ rotorcraft design.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV