Additional Survey Highlights
Survey results also highlighted the following findings related to IT processes and capabilities:
- Managing and classifying enterprise data is the number one security and privacy area in need of improvement, and remains a major challenge for IT departments.
- The IT function's top priorities are related to strategy and organization, reflecting a need to enhance the clarity and precision with which IT performance is measured, monitored and reported internally and externally, as needed to customers.
- In terms of IT infrastructure, platform performance planning and storage management and planning are listed as top concerns, with respondents ranking their competency level in these categories at 2.8 on a scale of one to five.
- Three primary priorities in the "ensuring continuity" category are developing and maintaining business resumption plans; developing and maintaining IT disaster and recovery plans; and developing and maintaining crisis management plans.
In the survey's "managing IT assets" category, monitoring and accounting for IT assets are listed as the top two areas that require improvement. According to Tom Andreesen, a managing director in Protiviti's enterprise application practice, "This concern about IT assets is driven by an increasing volume of small computing devices coupled with their mobility ‑ factors that make verification of location, condition and value difficult, especially if they are off-air or dark assets."
About the SurveyProtiviti's 2013 IT Priorities Survey was fielded during the third and fourth quarters of 2012, and respondents answered more than 100 questions in three categories: Technical Knowledge, Process Capabilities and Organizational Capabilities. More than half of the participants work in publicly traded companies and represent virtually all industry sectors, with others working across a variety of private, government and not-for-profit organizations. This edition of Protiviti's 2013 IT Priorities Survey is available for complimentary download at www.protiviti.com/ITsurvey. Webinar Today and Podcast Protiviti is conducting a complimentary webinar today at 11:00 a.m. PST. Andreesen and Cal Slemp, a Protiviti managing director and leader of the firm's data security and privacy practice, along with Michael Leidinger, VP infrastructure, operations, and security, from Hilton Worldwide, will explore the survey's findings and implications. Please register for the webinar at www.protiviti.com/webinars. Additionally, Andreesen discusses highlights from the survey in a podcast, available on the Protiviti website at www.protiviti.com/podcasts. About Protiviti Protiviti ( www.protiviti.com) is a global consulting firm that helps companies solve problems in finance, technology, operations, governance, risk and internal audit. Through its network of more than 70 offices in over 20 countries, Protiviti has served more than 35 percent of FORTUNE ® 1000 and Global 500 companies. The firm also works with smaller, growing companies, including those looking to go public, as well as with government agencies. Protiviti is a wholly owned subsidiary of Robert Half International (NYSE: RHI). Founded in 1948, Robert Half International is a member of the S&P 500 index.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV