POCR will use a suite of Honeywell's UOP technology for its revamp project. The new units, expected to start up in 2015, will process 7.5 million metric tons per year of crude feedstock into gasoline blending components and high-quality diesel, increasing the depth of conversion to more than 90 percent.In addition to technology licensing, Honeywell's UOP and a number of its affiliates will provide key process equipment, catalysts, staff training and technical service for the project. Honeywell's UOP and POCR are examining additional work to best support the project execution.
- Honeywell's UOP Penex™ process, a light naphtha isomerization process that upgrades low-octane streams to high-octane gasoline-blending components that are low in sulfur, benzene and olefins, using UOP's high-activity catalysts.
- Honeywell's UOP CCR Platforming™ process, a highly energy efficient continuous catalytic reforming process used throughout the petroleum and petrochemical industries to convert low-quality naphtha into blending stocks for gasoline, aromatics for plastics production, and high-purity hydrogen.
- Honeywell's UOP Fluid Catalytic Cracking (FCC) process to convert straight-run atmospheric gas oils, vacuum gas oils, certain atmospheric residues, and heavy stocks recovered from other refinery operations, into high-octane gasoline, propylene and light fuel oils. This process provides a low investment cost and a highly reliable and flexible conversion operation for the production of gasoline-blending components.
- Honeywell's UOP Vacuum Gas Oil (VGO) Unionfining™ process to provide better quality and higher yields of FCC gasoline with lower yields of FCC light and heavy cycle oils within the FCC unit. The typical application of this technology is FCC feed pretreatment. The feeds that can be processed in the VGO Unionfining process include straight-run vacuum gas oil, heavy coker gas oil and visbreaker gas oil. This process can also be used to produce low-sulfur fuel oil.
- Honeywell's UOP Caustic Merox™ process to remove sulfur from liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) streams in preparation for further processing.
- Honeywell's UOP Coker Naphtha Unionfining process to remove contaminants from 100 percent coker naphtha. It can also be used for blends containing coker naphtha and other naphtha streams. The process is primarily used in the pretreatment of reforming feed, but the end product can also be used as gasoline blend stock or as feedstock for petrochemicals production.
- Honeywell's UOP Distillate Unionfining process to treat a feed blend of straight run diesel, VGO hydrotreater diesel, coker diesel, FCC light-cycle oil and straight run kerosene, to produce a diesel product that meets Euro-5 specifications.