CHARLOTTE, N.C., Feb. 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- UTC Aerospace Systems has been selected by Thai Airways International to supply the wheels and carbon brakes for its new fleet of 14 Boeing 777-300ER aircraft. UTC Aerospace Systems, a unit of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE: UTX), will provide the equipment through its Wheels & Brakes business in Troy, Ohio. The first aircraft was delivered in August 2012.
The 777-300ER carbon brakes, delivered under the Goodrich brand, use proprietary DURACARB® carbon heat sink material. The DURACARB® carbon provides exceptional brake performance and a 35 percent brake life advantage over competitive products, producing significant cost savings for operators.
"We are excited to have been selected by Thai for their new fleet of 777-300ER aircraft, continuing our long-term relationship that includes supplying wheels and brakes for their fleets of 747-400 and 777CL aircraft," said Cory May, vice president of commercial programs, Wheels & Brakes. "Our ability to partner with Thai for their six owned aircraft and their leasing company for the eight leased aircraft is a great example of our customer focused drive to provide proactive solutions to meet our customer's needs."
Based in Bangkok, Thailand's national flag carrier was founded in 1988 and flies to 71 destinations in 35 countries in the Middle East, Africa, Asia, Europe and North America.UTC Aerospace Systems designs, manufactures and services integrated systems and components for the aerospace and defense industries. UTC Aerospace Systems supports a global customer base with significant worldwide manufacturing and customer service facilities. United Technologies Corp., based in Hartford, Connecticut, is a diversified company providing high-technology products and services to the building and aerospace industries. www.utcaerospacesystems.com SOURCE UTC Aerospace Systems
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV