Harris Teeter Supermarkets, Inc. (NYSE:HTSI) (the “Company”) reported that at its Annual Meeting of Shareholders today the following actions were taken: 1) the Company’s ten current directors were reelected, and Mr. Mark S. Ordan was newly elected, to the Board of Directors to serve until the next Annual Meeting of Shareholders; 2) the shareholders approved the Harris Teeter Supermarkets, Inc. 2013 Cash Incentive Plan; 3) the shareholders approved an advisory (non-binding) “Say on Pay” vote approving the compensation of the Company’s named executive officers as described in the Company’s Proxy Statement for the 2013 Annual Meeting; and 4) the shareholders ratified the appointment of KPMG LLP as the independent registered public accounting firm of the Company for the fiscal year ending October 1, 2013.
Mr. Mark S. Ordan is the Chief Executive Officer of Sunrise Senior Living, Inc., a provider of senior living services in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. Mr. Ordan has also held senior executive positions at a number of companies in the real estate, food service and supermarket industries.
The Company also announced that its Board of Directors, at a regularly scheduled meeting held today, declared a quarterly dividend in the amount of $0.15 per share, to be paid on April 1, 2013 to shareholders of record on March 8, 2013.
Harris Teeter Supermarkets, Inc. operates a leading regional supermarket chain in eight states primarily in the southeastern and mid-Atlantic United States, and the District of Columbia.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV