CardioNet, Inc. (NASDAQ:BEAT), the leading wireless medical technology and research services company with a current focus on the diagnosis and monitoring of cardiac arrhythmias, today announced a multi-year development agreement with the Belgium-based nanoelectronics research center IMEC and its Dutch affiliate Holst Centre. Over the next 18 months, the Companies will work to develop two revolutionary cardiac monitoring products.
The new products are expected to greatly improve the patient experience during monitoring, and to be a major advance in the field of remote cardiac monitoring. CardioNet expects the development project to build on its proprietary algorithms and back-end infrastructure, and IMEC’s world-leading expertise in ultra-low power ECG readout ASIC (application specific integrated circuit) with integrated motion artifact reduction. The project will also leverage Denmark-based Delta's development of the world's smallest ECG electrode patch.
Joe Capper, President and CEO of CardioNet, commented: “We are excited to join forces with IMEC to develop the next generation of cardiac monitoring devices. In selecting IMEC as our development partner, we were extremely impressed with IMEC’s proven track record of developing innovative products for a distinguished group of global partners. This collaboration will further advance the use of remote technology to improve the quality of patient care.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV