- On January 24, 2013, ARP increased its quarterly cash distribution to $0.48 per unit for the fourth quarter 2012, which was paid on February 14, 2013 to holders of record as of February 6, 2013. ATLS received approximately $10.7 million of cash distributions based upon ARP’s fourth quarter 2012 distribution.
- On January 23, 2013, APL declared an increased distribution for the fourth quarter 2012 of $0.58 per unit to holders of record on February 7, 2013, which was paid on February 14, 2013. ATLS received approximately $6.5 million of cash distributions based upon APL’s fourth quarter 2012 distribution.
- On a GAAP basis, net loss attributable to limited partners was $14.9 million for the fourth quarter 2012 compared to net loss of $4.2 million for the prior year comparable period. The loss for the fourth quarter 2012 is due primarily to Atlas Energy’s $4.6 million of non-cash stock compensation expense, and its ownership interest in ARP, which recognized $9.5 million of non-cash asset impairments on certain non-core legacy oil and gas properties and $8.7 million of acquisition costs related to the DTE acquisition.
Atlas Resources’ Acquisition of Barnett Shale/Marble Falls properties from DTE Energy
On December 20, 2012, ARP completed its acquisition DTE Gas Resources, LLC, an affiliate of DTE Energy Company (“DTE”), which owned approximately 35 million barrels of oil equivalents (MMboe) of proved reserves and substantial resource potential in the Fort Worth Basin in Texas for approximately $255 million. This transaction represented ARP’s third acquisition in 2012 in the Fort Worth Basin, and ARP has invested a total of approximately $650 million to acquire estimated proved reserves of over 700 billion cubic feet equivalents (Bcfe) at the time of acquisition.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts