The Rite Aid Foundation previously announced a $100,000 donation to the American Red Cross for relief efforts and also donated several truckloads of water, personal care and cleaning supplies to the most affected areas. In addition to the $50,000 awarded to the Hurricane Sandy New Jersey Relief Fund, The Rite Aid Foundation also pledged $50,000 to the Empire State Relief Fund.
Rite Aid operates 262 stores in New Jersey, several dozen of which were included in the 800 Rite Aid stores closed during the height of Hurricane Sandy. All stores have since reopened, many within days of the storm making landfall. The company’s Lavallette store, which sustained significant damage, was completely rebuilt and features Rite Aid’s latest store format, a design centered on health and wellness and rooted in innovation.
The Rite Aid Foundation, founded in July 2001, is a not-for-profit foundation dedicated to helping people in the communities Rite Aid serves. Since its inception, The Rite Aid Foundation has awarded grants totaling more than $15 million to approximately 1,250 organizations in 629 communities. For more information on The Rite Aid Foundation, visit www.riteaid.com.
Rite Aid Corporation (NYSE: RAD) is one of the nation’s leading drugstore chains with more than 4,600 stores in 31 states and the District of Columbia and fiscal 2012 annual revenues of $26.1 billion. Information about Rite Aid, including corporate background and press releases, is available through the company’s website at www.riteaid.com.Established by Gov. Chris Christie and chaired by First Lady Mary Pat Christie, the Hurricane Sandy New Jersey Relief Fund (HSNJRF) is a nonprofit organization that raises and distributes funds to organizations in support of the long-term recovery and rebuilding efforts of New Jersey communities affected by Hurricane Sandy. For more information, visit www.sandynjrelieffund.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV