Jessica Simpson. Laugh all you want, but this is the first celebrity line to cross $1 billion in sales. The license is owned by The Vince Camuto Group, a private company based in Connecticut founded in 2001. "Jessica Simpson filled a void. Her line has cute shoes at a very affordable price," Cannon says.
Camuto created Nine West and turned it into a $2 billion business. He also makes Tory Burch shoes. Camuto partnered with The Jones Group (JNY) to make Jessica Simpson clothes, and Jones reported that fourth-quarter net sales increased 56% from a year earlier and a plus-sized line will roll out for spring. Camuto has a long relationship with Jones: He sold his original Nine West to the company for $2 billion in 1999. If Vince Camuto doesn't spin out Jessica, then maybe he should go public. Ralph, Tommy & Vince, the three amigos.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV