Acacia Research Corporation (1) (Nasdaq: ACTG) today reported results for the three months and year ended December 31, 2012.
Fourth Quarter 2012 Results
- Revenues in the fourth quarter of 2012 were a record $66,264,000, as compared to $20,795,000 in the comparable prior year quarter.
- GAAP net income in the fourth quarter of 2012 was $9,823,000, or $0.20 per diluted share, as compared to a GAAP net loss of $4,189,000, or $0.10 per diluted share for the comparable prior year quarter.
- Non-GAAP net income in the fourth quarter of 2012 was $41,849,000, or $0.86 per diluted share, as compared to a Non-GAAP net loss of $221,000, or $0.01 per diluted share for the comparable prior year quarter. See below for information regarding non-GAAP measures.
- During the fourth quarter of 2012 we acquired control of 9 patent portfolios.
Fiscal Year 2012 Results
- Revenues in fiscal year 2012 were a record $250,727,000, as compared to revenues and other operating income of $184,707,000 in the comparable prior year.
- GAAP net income in 2012 was $59,453,000, or $1.24 per diluted share, as compared to $21,106,000, or $0.51 per diluted share for the comparable prior year.
- Non-GAAP net income in 2012 was $137,339,000, or $2.86 per diluted share, as compared to $45,013,000, or $1.09 per diluted share for the comparable prior year. See below for information regarding non-GAAP measures.
- Trailing twelve-month revenues, including other operating income, as of the end of 2012 increased to $250,727,000, as compared to $184,707,000 as of the end of the prior year.
- During fiscal year 2012 we acquired control of a record 55 patent portfolios.
“Acacia generated the second highest revenue quarter in company history in the 4th Quarter of 2012, capping another record year in revenues, profits and new patent portfolios for future licensing,” commented CEO, Paul Ryan. “These results reflect Acacia’s growing industry leadership in patent licensing and are accelerating new opportunities to partner with patent owners.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV