Highlights for 2012
- NeoPhotonics reported record annual revenue of $245.4 million, an increase of $44.4 million, or 22%, from $201.0 million in 2011
- Gross margin for 2012 was 25.0%, up from 24.9% in 2011
- Non-GAAP gross margin for 2012 was 27.0%, up from 25.7% in 2011
- Loss from continuing operations for 2012 was $17.7 million, up from a loss of $15.4 million in 2011
- Non-GAAP loss from continuing operations for 2012 was $4.7 million, an improvement from a loss of $9.6 million in 2011
- Diluted loss per share from continuing operations for 2012 was $0.62, an improvement from a loss per share of $1.45 in 2011
- Non-GAAP diluted loss per share from continuing operations for 2012 was $0.16, an improvement from a loss per share of $0.40 in 2011
- Adjusted EBITDA for 2012 was $9.3 million, up from $2.7 million in 2011
A reconciliation of GAAP financial measures to Non-GAAP financial measures is attached to this press release. See “Use of Non-GAAP Financial Information” below for a description of these Non-GAAP financial measures.
Outlook for the Quarter Ending March 31, 2013
The company’s current expectations for the first quarter 2013 are:
- Revenue in the range of $50 million to $55 million, primarily reflecting seasonally lower business activity and a full quarter impact of changes in product prices negotiated in the fourth quarter
- Non-GAAP gross margin in the range of 22% to 24%, primarily reflecting the impact of seasonality and pricing changes noted above, related lower wafer fab utilization and expectations for continued higher manufacturing costs relating to one of the company’s high speed products
- Diluted loss per share from continuing operations in the range of $0.25 to $0.35, and on a Non-GAAP basis in the range of a loss of $0.15 to $0.25 per share
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV