Rocky Brands, Inc. (NASDAQ: RCKY) today announced financial results for its fourth quarter and fiscal year ended December 31, 2012.
Fourth Quarter 2012 Income and Sales
The Company reported fourth quarter net income of $2.5 million, or $0.34 per diluted share compared with net income of $0.3 million, or $0.04 per diluted share in the fourth quarter of 2011. The fourth quarter of 2011 included a one-time, non-operational charge of $3.7 million, net of tax, associated with the termination of its defined benefit pension plan. Excluding the charge, fourth quarter 2011 net income was $3.9 million, or $0.52 per diluted share. (See below for a reconciliation of fourth quarter 2011 income per diluted share on a GAAP basis to a non-GAAP basis). Fourth quarter 2012 net sales were $58.0 million versus net sales of $64.0 million a year ago.
Fiscal Year 2012 Income and SalesThe Company reported net income of $8.9 million, or $1.18 per diluted share, for fiscal year 2012, compared with net income of $8.3 million, or $1.11 per diluted share, for fiscal 2011. Excluding the aforementioned charge, fiscal year 2011 net income was $12.0 million, or $1.60 per diluted share. (See below for a reconciliation of fiscal year 2011 income per diluted share on a GAAP basis to a non-GAAP basis). For fiscal year 2012, net sales were $228.3 million versus net sales of $239.6 million in fiscal year 2011. Military Contract The Company also announced it has received an order to fulfill a contract to the U.S. Military to produce “Hot Weather” combat boots. The first year of the contract includes a minimum purchase amount of $3.0 million and a maximum of $15.0 million. Shipment of the boots is expected to begin in March 2013. The contract includes an option for four additional years with the same terms.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV