Intuit Inc. (Nasdaq: INTU) today announced financial results for its second fiscal quarter, which ended Jan. 31, and reiterated revenue and operating income guidance for the full fiscal year 2013. The company also increased earnings per share guidance to reflect the benefit of the R&D tax credit.
Unless otherwise noted, all growth rates refer to the current fiscal period versus the comparable prior-year period. Where applicable, the business metrics and associated growth rates refer to worldwide business results.
- Recorded second-quarter revenue of $968 million, down 3 percent from last year and in line with the revised outlook provided on Feb. 7. Adjusting for the estimated shift in tax revenue from the second to the third fiscal quarter due to late legislation and Internal Revenue Service delays, revenue growth would have been approximately 10 percent.
- Gained momentum with its connected services strategy; 45 million of Intuit’s 60 million customers are using the company’s hosted solutions.
- Increased total Small Business Group revenue 16 percent for the quarter, led by online customer growth in Payment Solutions and Financial Management Solutions, including Demandforce.
- Expects third-quarter revenue of $2.215 billion to $2.275 billion, growth of 15 to 18 percent.
- Reiterated revenue and operating income outlook and increased earnings per share, or EPS, guidance for full fiscal year 2013.
|Snapshot of Second-quarter Results|
|Q2 FY13||Q2 FY12||Change||Q2 FY13||Q2 FY12||Change|
Dollars are in millions, except earnings per share (EPS). See “About Non-GAAP Financial Measures” below for more information regarding financial measures not prepared in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). All figures in the table above have been reclassified to reflect Intuit Websites as discontinued operations and to exclude its results from non-GAAP EPS.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV