Joe’s Jeans Inc. (the “Company”) (NASDAQ: JOEZ) today announced financial results for the fourth quarter ended November 30, 2012. Highlights were:
- Consolidated fourth quarter net sales increased 33% to $33.7 million;
- Retail store net sales increased 18%;
- Wholesale net sales increased 37%;
- Retail same store sales increased 6%; and
- Operating income increased to $3.2 million for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2012.
For the fourth quarter ended November 30, 2012, overall net sales were $33.7 million compared to $25.4 million in the prior year comparative period, or a 33% increase. Our overall gross profit for the quarter increased to $15.7 million from $11.7 million in the prior year comparative period, or a 34% increase. Our overall gross margin in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2012 was 47% compared to 46% in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2011. Operating expense in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2012 was $12.5 million compared to $11.8 million a year ago. Operating expense increased primarily as a result of increased costs related to operating six more stores since the end of our fourth quarter of fiscal 2011. We generated operating income of $3.2 million compared a loss of $131,000 in the prior year comparative period. Fully diluted earnings per share was $0.03 for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2012 compared to earnings per share of $0.00 in same period a year ago.
Marc Crossman, President and Chief Executive Officer, commented, “We are pleased with our results for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2012. We generated operating income across all four quarters in fiscal 2012, which resulted in an increase to our cash balance and enabled our ability to fund new store openings from cash flow from operations. In addition, the increases in our net sales and gross profits coupled with maintaining our operating expenses all contributed to and had a positive impact on our bottom line.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV