Photo Release -- Rurban Director Thomas A. Buis To Retire After 23 Years Of Service; Rurban Welcomes Gary M. Cates As New Director
DEFIANCE, Ohio, Feb. 21, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Rurban Financial Corp. (Nasdaq:RBNF), ("Rurban" or the "Company"), a diversified financial services company providing full-service community banking, wealth management and item processing services, announced today that Thomas A. Buis gave notice of his intention to retire as director effective February 20, 2013. Mr. Buis has been a director of Rurban since 2001 and also served on the board of Rurban's subsidiary banks from 1990 to the present. He has retired from both the Rurban and The State Bank and Trust Company ("State Bank") boards. Upon the recommendation of the Governance and Nominating Committee at its February 20 th meeting, Rurban also announced that Gary M. Cates was elected to serve as a director on the boards of Rurban and State Bank for the remainder of Mr. Buis' term, which expires in 2015.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=17279
Mark A. Klein, President and CEO of Rurban Financial Corp. and State Bank, stated, "Tom Buis has served us well during his twenty-three year tenure with the Rurban family. His counsel will be missed by us all."We are fortunate that Gary Cates will be joining both of our boards to serve out the remainder of Tom's term. Gary brings to Rurban over 30 years' experience as a senior-level executive, with a strong background in strategic planning, business development, human resources and communications. These areas of expertise, combined with Gary's exceptional leadership skills, are welcome additions to our board. I am confident that Gary will be an asset to Rurban and our board of directors. Speaking on behalf of the entire board, we welcome him to our organization."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV