Rock-Tenn (RKT) is a leading integrated manufacturers of corrugated & consumer packaging in North America. This stock is trading up 4.6% at $83.25 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 1.46 million
Average Volume: 573,418Volume % Change: 226% From a technical perspective, RKT is ripping higher here right above some near-term support at $77.09 with above-average volume. This stock has been uptrending strong for the last three months, with shares soaring higher from its low of $61.06 to its intraday high of $84.68. During that move, shares of RKT have been consistently making higher lows and higher highs, which is bullish technical price action. That move has now started to push shares of RKT into breakout territory, since the stock has flirted with some near-term overhead resistance at $84.10. At last check, RKT has hit an intraday high of $84.68 and volume is well above its three-month average action of 573,418 shares. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in RKT as long as it's trending above $82 and then once it sustains a move or close above those breakout levels at $84.10 to $84.68 with volume that hits near or above 573,418 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then RKT will set up to enter new 52-week-high territory above $84.68, which is bullish technical price action. Some possible upside targets off that breakout are $87 to $90. To see more stocks rising on unusual volume, check out the Stocks Rising On Unusual Volume portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV