Tel-Instrument Electronics Corp (“TIC” or the “Company”) (NYSE MKT: TIK) announced results for its third quarter and first nine months of fiscal year 2013 as well as two milestones on the TS-4530A and ITATS programs.
For the three months ended December 31, 2012, sales decreased $1,323,215 to $2,350,020, as compared to $3,673,235 for the same period in the prior year. The Company recorded a net loss of $545,177 or $0.19 per share for the three months ended December 31, 2012, as compared to net income of $97,431 or $0.04 per share for the three months ended December 31, 2011
The Company recorded sharply reduced revenues and a significant loss for the nine months ended December 31, 2012 due mainly to the limited production for the CRAFT 708 program and delays in securing a production release for the TS-4530A program from the U.S. Army. For the nine months ended December 31, 2012, sales decreased $5,415,542 to $5,922,258, as compared to $11,337,800 for the same period in the prior year. The Company recorded a net loss of $1,643,682 or $0.59 per share for the nine months ended December 31, 2012, as compared to net income of $119,952 or $0.04 per share (fully-diluted) for the nine months ended December 31, 2011.The production delays for the CRAFT and TS-4530A programs have negatively impacted the Company’s cash flow. As such, the Company secured additional short-term financing in July for $600,000, received a progress payment from the government on the CRAFT program for approximately $990,000 (which has been repaid as of December 31, 2012), received an equity purchase for $500,000 from the Company’s Chief Executive Officer, a director and an affiliate to the Company, and in November 2012 received approximately $500,000 from an investment group in exchange for approximately 149,254 shares of newly issued common stock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV