Ford Boosts Small-engine Production In US
Settles said the union also agreed to work-rule changes to help make a business case for Ford to build the engine in Ohio. Eliminating expensive shipping costs from Spain was part of that, he said.
The Valencia plant will continue to make small engines for Europe, but some of its workers will be transferred to a nearby assembly plant.
Ford shares fell 27 cents, or 2.1 percent, to $12.33 in Thursday afternoon trading amid a broader market decline.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV