Home Builders Hammered by Housing Data
PulteGroup (PHM) ($18.60 vs. $20.35 on Feb. 4) set a multi-year high at $21.97 on Jan. 28. The daily chart is negative and the weekly chart shifts to negative with a close this week below the five-week MMA at $19.34. My annual value level lags at $14.00, with this week's risky level at 21.50.
The Ryland Group (RYL) ($34.29 vs. $38.46 on Feb. 4) set a multi-year high at $43.00 on Jan 30. The daily chart is negative and the weekly chart shifts to negative on a close this week below the five-week MMA at $36.91. My quarterly value level is $28.90 with a weekly risky level at $40.17.
Standard Pacific (SPF) ($7.54) set a multi-year high at $8.69 on Feb. 1. The daily chart is negative and the weekly chart shifts to negative on a close this week below its five-week MMA at $7.75. My semiannual value level is $7.36 with a weekly risky level at $8.69.
Toll Brothers (TOL) ($33.56) set a multi-year high at $38.36 on Jan 29. The daily chart is negative with a weekly chart that shifts to negative given a close this week below the five-week MMA at $35.03. My annual value level is $31.95 with a monthly risky level at $38.70.At the time of publication the author held no positions in any of the stocks mentioned. Follow @suttmeier This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV