BOSTON ( TheStreet) -- Seeking Alpha contributor Larry "Smith on Stocks" Smith has written six articles on Northwest Biotherapeutics (NWBO) in the past 10 months, all of which have promoted the blockbuster potential of the company's cancer immunotherapy. Smith is long Northwest Biotherapeutics. In the same time period, I wrote a single column expressing an opinion that investors should avoid Northwest Bio, mainly because the company exaggerates and misleads investors about the data backing its cancer therapy. I have no financial interest in Northwest Bio.
In his latest article, Smith accuses me of being unfair to Northwest Bio. He believes his prodigious output on the stock represents "a balanced perspective."
Smith writes, "Mr. Feuerstein implies elsewhere in his blog that Northwest was attempting to portray this as a randomized trial comparing DCVax-L to a control group of patients and that this was deceitful."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV