- Six titles from Audible’s “A-List Collection,” which showcases tour-de-force audio performances from Hollywood’s biggest stars, are finalists: A Rage in Harlem, performed by Samuel L. Jackson; The Handmaid’s Tale, performed by Claire Danes; Slouching Towards Bethlehem, performed by Diane Keaton; The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, performed by Anne Hathaway; Being There, performed by Dustin Hoffman; and The End of the Affair, performed by Colin Firth, which is a finalist in two separate categories. This is the second consecutive year that Jackson has been honored for a performance in an Audible Studios production.
- Society’s Child, singer-songwriter Janis Ian’s bravura audio performance of her acclaimed memoir, recently won the Grammy Award for Best Spoken Word Album, besting competition in the category that included First Lady Michelle Obama, former President Bill Clinton, Ellen DeGeneres and Rachel Maddow. Society’s Child, in which Ian plays every song she references in telling her story, is a finalist in the “Narration by Author or Authors” category.
- Sex and God at Yale, in contention in the “Nonfiction” category, is narrated by Scott Aiello, who auditioned for Audible as part of Audible’s ongoing outreach to top American drama schools. Aiello, a 2012 Juilliard graduate, has since recorded seven books for Audible Studios.
- Four of Audible’s 31 finalists this year were produced and/or distributed via the Audiobook Creation Exchange (ACX), an online audio rights marketplace and production platform launched by Audible in 2011. ACX recently announced a tenfold increase in audiobook production in 2012 versus its debut year.
- Three titles personally selected and produced by Neil Gaiman on ACX as part of his “Neil Gaiman Presents” label were chosen as finalists.
- Audible’s production of Bram Stoker’s Dracula, which returns to the novel’s original storytelling structure with the help of an all-star cast of narrating talent, including Alan Cumming, Tim Curry, Simon Vance, Katherine Kellgren, Graeme Malcolm, Simon Prebble and Marc Vietor, is recognized in two separate categories.
31 Audible Studios Productions Named As Finalists For 2013 Audie Awards®
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts