While mobile communications and content can be highly personal, user experiences can feel lifeless, isolated and detached, with interactions reduced to unresponsive gestures on touchscreens. Immersion Corporation (Nasdaq:IMMR), the leading developer and licensor of touch feedback technology, today announced new build-time interface solutions for OEMs to enrich interactive mobile experiences: one enabling conveyance of physical presence, another bringing realism to the branded mobile user interface. The company will be demonstrating its new Tactile Presence and Integrated Themes solutions, along with other advances in tactile user experiences, February 25-28 in the App Planet Hall, Stand 8.1F49, at GSMA Mobile World Congress 2013 in Barcelona.
Immersion's Tactile Presence transmits haptic information between mobile devices, allowing users to feel one another's actions. (Photo: Business Wire)
Communicating Physical Presence
The Tactile Presence solution provides an API for mobile communication applications to call low-power haptics, also known as tactile effects. By creating and transmitting tactile information between two mobile devices, Tactile Presence adds a sense of physical presence to interactive mobile experiences. Users can feel the remote actions of another through the application of dynamic tactile effects that capture and communicate emotive information, creating meaningful telepresence. As a result, a child and parent can be more connected in a video chat by feeling each other draw and playfully interact in a shared tactile space; friends can inject more feeling into SMS and chat by using LOL and other emoticons that can be physically felt; interactive gaming is made more intuitive as players can actually sense remote partner actions; and loved ones who are miles apart can feel more connected as their fingers touch while they share a phone call.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV