Kellogg's Recalls Special K Red Berries Cereal
BATTLE CREEK, Mich. (AP) â¿¿ Kellogg's has issued another cereal recall, this time involving three package sizes of Special K Red Berries due to the possible presence of glass fragments.
The Battle Creek, Mich., company said the nationwide, voluntary recall involves 11.2- and 37-ounce packages and a 22.4-ounce twin pack. The packages have specific UPC codes and "Better if Used Before" dates stamped on them. About 36,000 cereal boxes are included in the recall.
The company said there have been no reports of injuries tied to the cereal.
Kellogg announced the recall Feb. 15 and is offering replacement coupons to customers who bought the packages. Customers who may have bought the cereal should call 800-962-1413.Kellogg's products also include several other brands of cereal and Eggo waffles. Last October, it issued a voluntary recall of certain packages of Mini-Wheats Bite Size cereal due to the possible presence of a flexible metal mesh from a faulty manufacturing part. Kellogg also had a major recall two years ago because of an odd smell in cereals such as Apple Jacks, Corn Pops and Froot Loops, which the company had said was the result of elevated levels of chemicals.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV