Companywide proven and probable silver reserves increased 2% from 2011 to 220.4 million ounces. Measured and indicated silver resources increased 36% in 2012 compared to 305.0 million ounces in 2011. Proven and probable gold reserves declined 13% to 2.0 million ounces in 2012 while measured and indicated gold resources increased 45% to 2.4 million ounces compared to year-end 2011.
At Rochester, the Company increased silver and gold reserves by 52% and 25%, respectively, over 2011 after producing 2.8 million silver ounces and 38,071 gold ounces in 2012. As described in the Company's January 17, 2013 news release, Rochester expects to increase production by 35 - 50% based on continued processing of historic stockpiles. These historic stockpiles contributed to the increases in silver and gold reserves.
At Palmarejo, year-end 2012 consolidated silver and gold measured and indicated resources increased 169% from 17.0 million to 45.7 million ounces of silver and 370% from 205,000 to 964,000 ounces of gold compared to year-end 2011.
|1.||EBITDA, operating cash flow, adjusted earnings and cash operating costs are non-GAAP measures. Please see tables in the Appendix for reconciliation to U.S. GAAP. Total debt includes short and long-term indebtedness and excludes capital leases and royalty obligations.|
|2.||Please refer to the tables in the Appendix for tons and average grades associated with references of contained ounces in each category in this news release. All reserves and resources reported herein comply with Canadian National Instrument 43-101.|
ExplorationThe Company invested $40.0 million in exploration in 2012, a 51% increase from 2011. A total of 625,152 feet (190,546 meters) were completed at the operations, with approximately 88% devoted to the operations. A similar portion of the $40.0 million exploration program for 2013 is focused on resource-to-reserve conversion at the operations.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV