The company continues to expect revenue growth of about 4 to 5 percent for fiscal 2013. With the expectations that the accelerated margin and earnings benefit of the Tier 4 transition will moderate through the year, the earnings expectations are being raised largely to reflect the benefit of tax rate improvement discussed below. The company now expects fiscal 2013 net earnings to be about $2.40 to $2.45 per share. For the second quarter the company expects to report net earnings per share of about $1.20.
- Professional segment net sales for the first quarter totaled $329.1 million, up 16 percent from the same period last year. Domestic shipments of large turf equipment were up due to channel demand. The early successful launch of products from the Astec and Stone acquisitions, also contributed to the professional businesses’ strong quarter. Furthermore, increased capacity enabled the company to capitalize on steadily growing demand for micro-irrigation systems to meet the ever-growing global food requirements. Results in the professional segment were somewhat offset by soft international sales activity.
- Professional segment earnings totaled $60.7 million, up 44.3 percent from $42.1 million last year.
- Residential segment net sales for the first quarter totaled $120.9 million, down 12.1 percent from the first quarter last year. The decline reflects reduced retail demand for snow products due to unseasonable winter weather in North America. However, residential segment results benefitted from improved sales of Pope products in Australia.
- Residential segment earnings for the fiscal 2013 first quarter totaled $12.2 million, down 3.6 percent from $12.6 million in the same period last year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV