Mindspeed Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ: MSPD), the industry leader in technology for small cell base stations, will be showing over 35 different small cell products from 25 customers and demonstrating the latest in small cell technology at Mobile World Congress, Hall 7 – 1E104 in Barcelona, Spain from February 25 to 28th, 2013. These include carrier deployed small cells for both 3G and LTE and technology milestones such as the first demonstration of small cell with LTE-A (carrier aggregation), products for both LTE FDD and TD-LTE and small-cell plus Wi-Fi integration.
Commercial and operator deployed small cell products that will be on display at the Mindspeed booth range from cost-effective residential femtocells, through enterprise and indoor base stations, to high-performance, high-power public access metrocells and outdoor picocells.
Mindspeed is the only small cell SoC supplier with demonstrated support for all 3GPP air-interfaces: HSPA, TD-SCDMA, LTE FDD and TD-LTE and commercial small cells for all of these will be on display. These include 3G only systems, LTE only systems and dual-mode with simultaneous 3G and LTE.
Demonstrations at the booth will include a range of Mindspeed technologies:
- 20MHz LTE Small Cell: Most small cells to date have been limited to 10MHz channels. This demonstration features the Mindspeed® Transcede® T3300 product, running a complete LTE small cell implementation with 20MHz channels.
- LTE-A with carrier aggregation: A proof of concept demonstration of Release 10 LTE (LTE-A) showing carrier aggregation, with one T3300 device combining two different radios on two different bands.
- Integrated Small Cell and Wi-Fi small cell: Showing how Wi-Fi and small cell can be combined into one system: not merely side-by-side but with co-operation and awareness to enable synergies. Benefits to operators from this could include improved security, reduced OpEx or bearer-aware services.
- High-performance HSPA: Mindspeed has a leading position in both LTE and dual-mode, many deployments are still 3G. Mindspeed has a dominant position here with 63% share according to Infonetics. This demonstration shows a high-performance small cell SoC that supports 32 users with advanced HSPA+ capabilities.
- Dual-mode HSPA and LTE: Mindspeed is the only company with field-proven, carrier deployed small cell technology for both 3G and LTE, with demonstrations of integrated simultaneous dual-mode on a single SoC device.
- Commercial TD-LTE small cell: Emphasizing the maturity and breadth of offering of Mindspeed’s technology portfolio is a commercial small cell from a customer with live, operator deployed TD-LTE.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts