Boingo Wireless (NASDAQ: WIFI), the Wi-Fi industry’s leading provider of software and services worldwide, today announced an agreement with NTT Broadband Platform, Inc. (NTTBP) to manage and operate Wi-Fi services at five major airports in Japan, collectively serving more than 130 million passengers annually.
Boingo will be the only international Wi-Fi provider for the five airports when services launch in spring 2013. The airports included in the agreement are:
- Haneda Airport (Tokyo International Airport) (HND)
- Narita International Airport, Tokyo (NRT)
- New Chitose Airport, Sapporo (CTS)
- Fukuoka Airport (FUK)
- Chubu Airport, Nagoya (NGO)
With the addition of the five airports in Japan, Boingo will manage Wi-Fi services at 30% of the top ten most highly trafficked airports in the Asia Pacific region, which serve a collective total of more than 250 million passengers each year.
“Our new agreement with NTTBP is a milestone for Boingo, marking our first managed Wi-Fi services in Japan and significant additions to our roaming offerings in Asia Pacific,” said Allen Pan, director of Asia Pacific for Boingo Wireless. “We look forward to offering Wi-Fi plan options that can meet the needs of travelers and platform partners alike, helping them avoid high international data roaming tariffs through Wi-Fi roaming.”Boingo will broadcast its “Boingo Hotspot” SSID throughout the airports and will fully manage the customer experience to ensure efficient, quality connections. Boingo’s Wi-Fi services will include authentication, roaming access, 24-hour customer support, and sponsorship opportunities. Boingo’s services at all five airports will also be available to all of Boingo’s roaming and platform service partners. Boingo roaming partners, which wholesale Wi-Fi access and provide self-branded Wi-Fi to their customers as part of their existing services, include Korea Telecom, LGU +, Skype, Orange France and Verizon.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV