Smart911 Salutes America's Seniors By Enabling Greater Independence
FRAMINGHAM, Mass., Feb. 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- According to the U.S. Census Bureau, nearly one in five people in the United States is over the age of 65. With baby boomers now becoming senior citizens, this group is projected to become the fastest growing segment of the population, and in 26 states, the senior population has been forecasted to double between 2000 and 2030.
Loss of independence and the desire to remain in their own residence are top-of-mind concerns for seniors. With February being National Senior Independence Month, Rave Mobile Safety, creators of the Smart911 national safety database, is encouraging seniors and their families to create a Safety Profile to enable greater freedom, independence and provide additional peace-of-mind.
Smart911 is a free service that allows citizens to create a Safety Profile at www.smart911.com. A Safety Profile can include any information that a citizen wants 9-1-1 to have during an emergency situation and is delivered automatically to 9-1-1 only during an emergency call. Call takers can utilize these vital details to dispatch the appropriate response teams who will arrive on-scene with a better understanding of the situation, resulting in more precise action, faster response and time-to-treatment.A Safety Profile can include data about all family members, pets, medical notes, household details such as access points and utilities, emergency contacts and more. As a result, fire crews can have access to gate codes and bedroom locations. EMS will be aware of existing medical conditions for precise treatment. And police and other responders can know the exact address of a mobile phone caller and respond quickly to such things as a fall, which according to the Center for Disease Control (CDC), is the leading cause of injury and death for those 65 years and older.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV