AMARILLO, Texas, Feb. 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Hastings Entertainment, Inc. (NASDAQ: HAST), a leading multimedia entertainment superstore retailer, has announced that Alan Van Ongevalle has been promoted to President and Chief Operating Officer effective February 15, 2013.
Mr. Van Ongevalle previously served as Executive Vice President of Merchandising and has held various store management and senior management positions since joining Hastings in November 1992.
John Marmaduke, Chief Executive Officer of Hastings, stated, "Alan has held several key management positions at Hastings. He has done an outstanding job in each position he has held during his career with Hastings. I am very excited for Alan and I strongly believe he will excel in his new position and continue to play a valuable role in the future success of Hastings."
About HastingsFounded in 1968, Hastings Entertainment, Inc. is a leading multimedia entertainment retailer that combines the sale of new and used books, videos, video games and CDs, as well as trends and consumer electronics merchandise, with the rental of videos and video games in a superstore format. We currently operate 137 superstores, averaging approximately 24,000 square feet, primarily in medium-sized markets throughout the United States. We also operate three concept stores, Sun Adventure Sports, located in Amarillo, Texas and Lubbock, Texas, and TRADESMART, located in Littleton, Colorado.We also operate www.goHastings.com, an e-commerce Internet Web site that makes available to our customers new and used entertainment products and unique, contemporary gifts and toys. The site features exceptional product and pricing offers. The Investor Relations section of our web site contains press releases, a link to request financial and other literature and access our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. www.goHastings.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV