- Zales branded stores, consisting of Zales Jewelers and Zales Outlet, posted a comparable store sales increase of 3.6 percent, compared to an increase of 10.1 percent in the same period last year. U.S. Fine Jewelry brands including our regional brand, Gordon’s Jewelers, posted a comparable store sales increase of 2.8 percent. This increase follows an 8.9 percent rise in the same period last year.
- Canadian Fine Jewelry brands, consisting of Peoples Jewellers and Mappins Jewellers, posted a comparable store sales increase of 3.8 percent. This increase follows a 0.7 percent rise in the same period last year. At constant exchange rates, comparable store sales increased 0.5 percent in the second quarter of fiscal 2013, following an increase of 2.3 percent in the same period last year.
- Piercing Pagoda, our Kiosk Jewelry business, posted a comparable store sales increase of 1.0 percent. In the same period last year, comparable store sales declined 3.0 percent.
Zale Corporation Reports Second Quarter Fiscal 2013 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.