Zale Corporation (NYSE: ZLC) today reported its financial results for the second quarter ended January 31, 2013.
“The growth achieved in the quarter was driven by our exclusive, branded collections. Further expanding these products and supporting them with compelling marketing and training is an important part of our growth strategy,” commented Theo Killion, Chief Executive Officer.
Second Quarter Fiscal 2013 Results
Revenues were $671 million, an increase of $7 million, or 1.1 percent, compared to $664 million in the second quarter of fiscal 2012.For the second quarter of fiscal 2013, comparable store sales increased 2.8 percent. This increase follows a 5.8 percent rise in the same period last year. At constant exchange rates, comparable store sales increased 2.2 percent.
- Zales branded stores, consisting of Zales Jewelers and Zales Outlet, posted a comparable store sales increase of 3.6 percent, compared to an increase of 10.1 percent in the same period last year. U.S. Fine Jewelry brands including our regional brand, Gordon’s Jewelers, posted a comparable store sales increase of 2.8 percent. This increase follows an 8.9 percent rise in the same period last year.
- Canadian Fine Jewelry brands, consisting of Peoples Jewellers and Mappins Jewellers, posted a comparable store sales increase of 3.8 percent. This increase follows a 0.7 percent rise in the same period last year. At constant exchange rates, comparable store sales increased 0.5 percent in the second quarter of fiscal 2013, following an increase of 2.3 percent in the same period last year.
- Piercing Pagoda, our Kiosk Jewelry business, posted a comparable store sales increase of 1.0 percent. In the same period last year, comparable store sales declined 3.0 percent.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV