Lawson Products, Inc. (NASDAQ:LAWS) (“Lawson” or the "Company"), a distributor of products and services to the MRO marketplace, today announced results for the fourth quarter ended December 31, 2012.
- Operating income of $2.5 million versus an operating loss of $7.8 million for the prior year period and an operating loss of $1.4 million in the third quarter of 2012. Excluding non-recurring items, adjusted operating income improved $6.0 million from the prior year period
- Q4 diluted EPS of $0.20 compared to a loss of $0.65 per share in 2011
- Earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization (“EBITDA”) of $4.3 million compared to a loss of $6.0 million last year
- Sales productivity improvement of 6.8% from a year ago as measured by average sales per representative per day
“In the fourth quarter, we continued to realize benefits from our ongoing initiatives to enhance efficiencies and lower costs which led to an improvement in our operating performance on a year-over-year basis as well as from the third quarter. While there is still more to do, we have made significant progress consolidating our distribution network, relaunching our website and transitioning our sales force to employees,” commented Michael DeCata, president and chief executive officer.
Fourth Quarter ResultsNet sales for the fourth quarter of 2012 were $68.2 million versus $72.9 million for the fourth quarter of 2011. The decrease was mainly driven by reduced territorial sales coverage due to a 14% decline in the average number of sales representatives in the fourth quarter of 2012 compared to the prior year period. Average daily sales declined 2.2% to $1.118 million in the fourth quarter of 2012 from $1.143 million in the third quarter of 2012 due to softer sales realized during the holiday weeks. Sales force productivity improved by 6.8% from a year ago.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV