- a noncash after-tax impairment charge of $2.022 billion for the full year related to the carrying value of natural gas and oil properties;
- an after-tax charge of $122 million related to the full repayment of the company’s May 2012 term loans for the fourth quarter and full year;
- net unrealized noncash after-tax mark-to-market gains of $78 million for the fourth quarter and $347 million for the full year resulting from the company’s natural gas, oil and natural gas liquids (NGL) and interest rate hedging programs;
- net after-tax gains of $166 million for the fourth quarter and $163 million for the full year related to gains and losses on sales, including a $176 million after-tax gain on the sale of the company’s midstream subsidiary for the fourth quarter and full year;
- noncash after-tax charges of $36 million for the fourth quarter and $208 million for the full year related to the impairment of certain fixed assets; and
- net after-tax gains of $19 million for the fourth quarter and $622 million for the full year related to certain investments, including a $629 million gain for the full year related to the sale of all of the company’s interests in Access Midstream Partners, L.P. (NYSE:ACMP).
Chesapeake Energy Corporation Reports Financial And Operational Results For The 2012 Fourth Quarter And Full Year
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.