Digit Adds Games Industry Tech Veteran Dominique Boutin As CTO
How do you see the games scene changing in 2013?
There will be a significant increase in games for OSX, Linux and Flash3D due to Steam for Linux, the OSX App Store, Unity's increased cross-platform support and the recent drop of Adobe's premium feature rev-share model for Flash. The diversity of devices and digital channels is increasing even further and we'll probably have disruptions in consoles through open android-based platforms like Ouya, GameStick and especially NVIDIA's Project Shield. Some companies will focus on providing content only for few key markets having highest ROI but others will go cross channel and cross device.
Therefore for traditional publishers their own digital platforms become an essential asset not only for distribution but also for driving customer relations and therefore retention. To extend the life cycle of games we used modding, multiplayer, DLC and online communities. Nowadays very frequent updates are expected by players on mobiles and browser games and that will soon push all digitally distributed games to become online services. The definition of social in games is going to be broader again and will include more traditional elements like clan management. Finally Free2Play is mainstream but there will be more exploration and promotion around non-pay-to-win monetization mechanics.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV